Mai Theme uses Template Parts for most content areas, but since users are still comfortable with widgets for sidebars, we left the standard “Sidebar” widget area in place.
Using Blocks in Widget Areas
Mai Theme exposes the Reusable Blocks UI in the admin sidebar. You can view, add, or edit reusable blocks in Dashboard > Reusable Blocks.
Follow these steps to use blocks in any widget area.
- Navigate to Dashboard > Reusable Blocks.
- Click “Add New” near the top.
- Create your content with any available blocks.
- Navigation to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize.
- Find the “Mai Reusable Block” widget and add it to any widget area.