Please have the following ready or already installed.
- Latest version of WordPress installed on your hosting.
- Latest version of the Genesis Framework zip file.
- Your downloaded Mai Theme zip file.
Login to your WordPress website. First, you need to install the Genesis Framework if you haven’t already, and then install your purchased Mai Theme. You will need to activate Mai Theme when you are finished installing.
- In the WordPress menu, click on Appearance > Themes.
- At the top, click on Add New button.
- At the top, click the Upload Theme button.
- Click the Choose File button, and find the file for Genesis on your computer; it will have an ending of “.zip”.
- Click the Install Now button.
- Repeat steps 1-5 with Mai Theme.
- Finally, click the text link Activate next to Mai Theme.
Mai Theme requires the Mai Engine plugin to power much of its core layout, features, and functionality. Here are some things to understand about our engine plugin.
- The Mai Engine plugin will be automatically installed and activated when any Mai Theme is activated.
- If you activate a theme that doesn’t support Mai Engine, the plugin will automatically deactivate itself.
- 99% of our updates come safely via the Mai Engine plugin. You can simply update as you would any other plugin in WordPress.