Mai Theme is a different theme than you’re used to. The power of Mai Theme lies in it’s flexible customization settings in the Customizer, template parts (block based widget areas), and custom blocks like Mai Post/Term Grid, Mai Icon, and Mai Divider.
With these unique features Mai Theme makes it simple to create beautiful sites quickly, the possibilities are endless. Our docs will help you get setup in minutes, and walk you through the available customization settings.
Because Mai Theme is different, there may be some things to learn. We hope our documentation provides the information you need. If you’re still stuck after reading the documentation, please send us a note and we’ll be happy to help you.
Mai Engine plugin
- Mai Theme runs on our powerful Mai Engine plugin, which provides core styles and functionality.
- Mai Engine is automatically installed and activated when you activate any Mai Theme.
- Mai Engine and can be updated like any standard WordPress plugin via Dashboard > Plugins or Dashboard > Updates. This allows safe updates for new features, compatibility, and bug fixes without losing any customizations and without overwriting any custom code inside your child theme (Mai Theme).
Advanced Custom Fields Pro
Mai Theme uses Advanced Custom Fields Pro for some of our internal functionality including custom metaboxes and our custom blocks.
Some things to know about using Advanced Custom Fields Pro:
- ACF Pro is loaded in our Mai Engine plugin.
- ACF Pro is not required as a separate plugin, and you don’t need your own license to use ACF Pro.
- You can use the full-featured ACF Pro that’s included in Mai Engine for your own custom features, functionality, blocks, metaboxes, etc.
- We do not provide support for ACF Pro directly, however we do support our ACF-based features and functionality.