Please always keep an untouched copy of your theme stored on your computer. The original zip file is ideal. You will also want to keep an updated version of your theme files stored on your computer, in the case that you accidentally make a mistake and need to use that copy to fix it. You can also download a copy in your account area at any time. If you would like some help customizing your theme, we offer that service here.
Make sure you have the following installed:
How to Install a Child Theme
Before you can install any of the Pretty Darn Cute Design themes, you will first need to install the Genesis Framework. There are two ways to install the theme:
- Installing through the WordPress Dashboard
- Installing with an FTP client
As installing through the WordPress dashboard is recommended, we will cover that here. If you would like to install through an FTP client, follow the instructions on the
IMPORTANT NOTE: If your site is hosted on WordPress.com (example: mysite.wordpress.com), you cannot install the any of the Pretty Darn Cute Design themes. You will need a WordPress self-hosted site.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to Appearance > Themes.
- Click the Add New button.
- Click the Upload Theme button
- Click the Choose File button and browse for the zip file on your computer.
- Once you have selected the theme file for upload, click the Install Now button.
- Once the theme has been installed, click the Activate to activate the theme.