Mai Theme is a different theme than you’re used to. The power of Mai Theme lies in it’s flexible customization settings including banner area, unique “Sections” template, content settings, and powerful shortcodes.
With these unique features Mai Theme makes it simple to create beautiful sites quickly. The Mai Lifestyle Theme demo is just one of the possibilities with Mai Theme, but the possibilities are endless. We have help docs showing you how every page is set up, and video tutorials so you can watch us do it.
We’ve got a ton of videos on YouTube to show you “how to” tips and tricks, “Behind the Scenes” of the theme demo, and how to quickly set up a totally unique site.
Because Mai Theme is different, there may be some things to learn. We hope our documentation provides the information you need. If you’re still stuck after reading the documentation, please send us a note and we’ll be happy to help you.
Default WordPress Setup
If you are not importing demo content, make sure you have your home and blog pages setup correctly by following these steps.
- Create a page called “Home” or similar if you don’t have one already.
- Create a page called “Blog” or similar if you don’t have one already.
- Visit Dashboard > Settings > Reading and set the “Your homepage displays” setting to “A static page”.
- Set “Homepage” to your new page “Home”.
- Set “Posts page” to your new page “Blog”.
- Save Changes.
You should be setup like this:
Now you can use our Sections template or create your own homepage with Gutenberg or anything you’d like!