Please have the following ready or already installed.
- Latest version of WordPress installed on your hosting
- Latest version of the Genesis Framework
- Mai Theme
A comprehensive guide to the Genesis Framework and it’s use is available here https://www.studiopress.com/download/genesis-for-beginners-v2.pdf. Mai Theme documentation does not cover standard Genesis Theme Settings unless their use is extended by Mai Theme itself.
Login to your WordPress website. You will first need to install the Genesis Framework if you haven’t already installed it, and then install your purchased Mai Theme. You will need to activate Mai Theme when you are finished installing.
- In the WordPress menu, click on Appearance > Themes.
- At the top, click on Add New button.
- At the top, click the Upload Theme button.
- Click the Choose File button and find the file for Mai Theme on your computer; it will have an ending of “.zip”.
- Click the Install Now button.
Finally, click the text link Activate.
Mai Theme Engine
Mai Theme requires the Mai Theme Engine plugin to power many of its core layout, features, and functionality.
Mai Theme Engine plugin will be automatically installed and activated when any Mai Theme is activated.